Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My next hearing date (2nd hearing) contact is on

My next hearing date (2nd hearing) for child contact is on the 18 May, I originally planned to go on the 18 April but now had to reschedule due to it being too short and hectic to organise everything so I thought to take my daughter on holiday for a week on 27 may. Should I apply for a specific issue order via c2 form now? Or if I wait till the hearing and they say yes would I have to wait for the official court order to come before I could fly off?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Are you the main carer of the child and do you have parental responsibility?Was thr holiday issue raised or discussed previously with the other parent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am the main carer (mother) and hence I have parental responsibility. Also it was previously mention to the other parent who stated yes and to go ahead and make the travel arrangements and when I went back with the travel arrangements (dates, flight and accommodation) and asked for a written consent he is now saying no. Hence I thought to reschedule for 27 may an apply for a specific issue order (via c2) because that's when the next Half term school holiday is.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If the specific issue order is made for you to travel on 27 May, then you can request for the court to prepare the order whilst you are still at court and you can be given the order there and then to ensure that you have it. It will be necessary to have the order when travelling as usually ports would require consent of the other parent, but in your case the specific issue order will supersede this (if it is granted).You should submit an urgent application now for a specific issue order and request that it is listed to be heard at the next hearing.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you