13262538

HiHusband and wife are divorced. There is a son on 15

HiHusband and wife are divorced. There is a son on 15 months living with his mother.Mother wants to take son to Bali, Indonesia, for 10 days. There are health advisories on the .gov.uk website. Mother seems to have taken suitable travel and medical insurances for son.https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/indonesia/healthFather is just uncomfortable that a child is being taken to a third world country and even though the precautions are taken from health perspective, he feels that it is just not a necessary travel from any angle, educational or otherwise for a child to take this long journey to a third world country.Wife has also threatened to make an emergency application to a Court for travel.On what grounds can a husband, who is genuinely concerned, deny his consent for the child to travel with his mother to Bali.Would request Clare to deal with this question
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your question and for asking for me.Why is she going to Bali?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To attend a wedding of a cousin.Depart 24 April to Dubai for holiday and may be breaking the journey. Will be in Dubai for 3 days and then on to Bali till 6th mayWedding is in Bali
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What contact do you have with your son?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Evéry Wednesday 3 to 6 pm
Every Sunday 11 am to 6 pm
Gets cancelled if child not well on the day
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you ever have the child overnight?Is there any risk she will not bring the child back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NoNo
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Has the child been taken abroad before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you asked for overnight contact?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Refused
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any more information ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies.Where will she be staying in these various places?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has indicated that she will be in 5 star hotels
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You can object of course but sadly there is limited chance of success if the matter goes to courtYour strong points are of course that the child is very young and has not been abroad before and this is a lengthy journey.I would not make a great deal of the "third world country" given that it is going to be five star hotels all the way.I have to be honest - I would probably suggest using this as an opportunity to negotiate over night contact with the child.If the child is able to make this journey then there is no reason why he could not cope with a might with his fatherI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare