Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I divorced my wife in 2006 and she was awarded a share of my

I divorced my wife in 2006 and she was awarded a share of my NHS superannuation pension as part of a full and final settlement. She moved to the USA shortly afterwards with my then 9 year old daughter and has never returned to the UK.
As she left the jurisdiction of the court so long ago, do I Sill have to give her a share of my pension?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If the court has made the order or approved the settlement, then yes you are bound by this even if she has left the jurisdiction.Do you have an order in place? If so was a pension sharing annex provided and has this been submitted to your pension provider?