Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am currently going through a divorce which I thought we

I am currently going through a divorce which I thought we had reached agreement on through the collaborative process but my wife appears to be reneging on the agreement. I have 2 small pensions that were accrued and frozen before we were married. One will generate a retirement income of approx £1200 per annum and the other is approximately £600 per annum. These were pensions accrued whilst working for Lloyds Bank which I left in 1992 and Beneficial Bank which I left in 1997. We married in 1999. Is my estranged wife entitled to any part of these pensions?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. How long were you married?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
17 years
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. As it is a long marriage, it will be difficult for a court to agree that pre-marital assets should be ring-fenced.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you