13262538

I am the executor of my wife's will. She died recently

I am the executor of my wife's will. She died recently. I am somewhat concerned at the closing words of her will immediately after the listing of the bequests. It is slightly non standard and my question is whether it is likely to result in the will being declared invalid, which poses problems. It is:
Signed by Sybil ************** ******** on 21st October 2008 SYBIL'S SIGNATURE
In the presence of:
Witness 1 SIGNATURE 1 Witness 2 SIGNATURE 2
Signature Signature
Name NAME 1 Name NAME 2
Occupation OCCUPATION 1 Occupation OCCUPATION 2
Address ADDRESS 1 Address ADDRESS 2
I would appreciate your view?
Robin ********
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is Clare and I am sorry for your lossI shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Did your late wife and two witnesses sign the Will?What is your concern about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was present my wife signed is (as shown in my question) in the presence of the tow witnesses who signed it in her presence. I tried to show that in my question where i listed the names, signatures, addresses etc.. If you like I will scan the will and send it to you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My concern was the non standard wording used in that it varies from the norm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've scanned the will - how can I send it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm still here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the scan of the will?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There is no problem with that wording.Most solicitors have their own version of the Execution clause - this is simply a variation - equally valid.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much - if the will was invalid then instead of ultimately going to charity £150K would have ended up with very, very distant children Sybil's half brothers who kicked her out of her house!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There is no worry of that!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have posed another question re answering a question on form PA1 and await a reply. thank yo for your help. RT
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am not aware of any further questions - can you send me a link?