13262538

My daughter who is 14, does not wish to see here father at

Customer Question

My daughter who is 14, does not wish to see here father at the present time and has written to him to explain the reasons - can he make her?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstis there a Court Order in place regarding Contact?Why does she no longer wish to see him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No court order,
We separated in November last year.
There has been alot of erractic behaviour and moods, and that makes her feel uneasy,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she says that she just needs some time to sort her feelings out. She is going to see a counsellor (as are her brother and sister)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How old are the older siblings?Do they see him at all?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they do. They are younger siblings. They ar 13 and 11
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Is your ex likely to go so far as court proceedings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wondered if he or a court could make her see him against her wishes
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Theonly way that your ex can force the issue is by making an application to the court.At 14 your daughter is of an age where the Court is UNLIKELY To force her to see him - but it is not impossibleThe starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using Family Mediationwww.familymediationcouncil.org.ukusing a mediator trained to work with children so that your daughter's views can be brought to the discussionsPlease ask if you need further details