13262538

My son and his partner are separating (not married - both children

My son and his partner are separating (not married - both children -6 and 9 have him registered as father). When they separate she wants to move to Sweden to her family. I am grandmother. The father or grandfather and myself would be devasted, as the grandparents have a huge input into their lives - we see them every day - collect them after school, and look after them weekends when parents at work. They are on low income - grandparents on pension. Materially and spiritually we are very involved. Can she bring them to Sweden. Oldest child born in Sweden - younger child born Northern Ireland
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you. Can I check - are the family currently living in Northern Ireland or in the Jurisdiction of England and Wales? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We live in northern ireland
Hello Thank you for your response. I will request that your category be changed so that you can receive advice from a Solicitor in Northern Ireland. Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a one-off enquiry so do not need ongoing support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to incur additional charges at this time so will wait for your e-mail
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Your son's partner will need either the agreement of your son or an Order from the Court if she wishes to take the children to Sweden - even for a visit.The close relationship with their father and his family will be an important factor in the decision that the court makes - but so will the fact that their mother clearly wishes to return home to her family.Your son can read more about such cases herehttp://www.leavetoremove.info/leave-to-remove-faqsI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years