James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My decree absolute was finalised in November 2014, however

Customer Question

Hi, my decree absolute was finalised in November 2014, however at the time my ex husband didn't divulge his recent promotion and therefore a lesser salary was used when equating spousal and child maintenance.
Also in November 2014, I had my work hours cut and my salary practically halved. I'm only able to work part time because our daughter has a mental disability and cannot yet be home alone. I've since found another part time job but it pays 5k less than my previous earnings.
Also 4 weeks after our divorce was finalised my ex husband inherited a large sum of money plus I think he is also now receiving his late mother's pension again adding to his income.
I have asked my ex husband to increase child maintenance inline with his income and he has refused for the last 17mths.
I'm not in a position to increase my income due to also being our daughter's carer
Can I make a claim for increased spousal and child support payments?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you. Please may I ask: - do you have an order for spousal maintenance as well as child maintenance?- what are the terms of the order? Kind Regards Caroline