13262538

My son is fighting to have access to his three year old daughter

my son is fighting to have access to his three year old daughter he is now going through the courts and the next hearing is 19th May, we have now just found out that the childs mother is moving to Ireland and taking the child with her, can she do this whilst the matter is still going through the courts, also the mother is out partying at the weekends whilst her mother looks after the child, but the childs mother will not let my son have anything to do with the child, He is named on the childs birth certificate as the father and he does pay maintenence
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhen is the mother planning to move and why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just says that she needs to get away
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Does she have family there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as soon as possible we feel that she will just disappear not that we are aware her mother and step father and her sister live local
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
She has no right to remove the child from the Uk without the agreement of your son or an Order from the CourtYour son should make an immediate applictaion for a Prohibited Steps Order so that if she does try and go he can ask for a Port Alert to stop her.It will also make it easier to recover the child from Ireland - and his ex would face Child Abduction charges if she did try.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so very much the Mother has stopped also me and my husband from seeing the child due to the fact that I took the child a birthday card from her father to celebrate the childs second birthday, this card was returned to myself with a threatening message that she would stop us from seeing the child if we acted on my sons wishes, needless to say we have not seen the child from that day to the current day, she is now saying that the child does not know her father, and will not know who he is. This is not by my sons choice hence why he has taken the mother to court. Also that my son cannot look after the child due to the child taking a tumble whist she was at our home, she received a small cut to her forehead, no bruising and my husband and myself treated the child and my husband is a ex fire fighter and a trained first responder. Thanking you once again.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Please do not worry - none of those will be seen by the court as a reason why there should be no contact