13262538

My daughter and son-in-law are separated,daughter has

my daughter and son-in-law are separated,daughter has custody of 9yr old granddaughter.every year we have taken g/daughter on holiday to our caravan,this is her only holiday.i have a signed letter fom mum to say we can have her for a week starting Saturday,but dad says he is coming for her on Monday,g/daughter doesn't want to see him or go with him.if she doesn't come to van she will have to go to work with mum.can dad take her?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstAre there any court orders in place regarding the care of the child?What contact does the father usually have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not been to court yet,but the mum and daughter were left in Wales and dad moved to Yorkshire to live with another woman.dad has had visited his sister in wales,had daughter for 3hrs and 2 hrs,had her twice for 2 hrs when they come to visit me and my husband.he doesn't pay any money at all.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Where are you taking the child - and is it actually likely that dad will bother to ocme and get her and take her to Yorkshire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does dad have the right to take child even if she refufuses to go with him.our caravan is in north Lincolnshire.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mum will bring her by train,me and granddad will drive her home to wales
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dad says he is coming on Monday 4th april
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
He may well say that he is coming but it is clear that he has no real wish to take responsibility for the child for a week Technically however if he does turn up and find you at home legally he does have the right to take the child - even if the child objects.HOWEVER if the police are called it is highly unlikely that they will force you to hand her over if she says that she does not wish to go.The best option may be a long day out on MondayPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou,Iris
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome - I hope all goes well