How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34277
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Me and my partner might be splitting up how ever I bought a

Customer Question

Me and my partner might be splitting up how ever I bought a house with money that I earned and put her name on the deeds to make her feel it her home to . she unfit to care for herself and our children on her own this all on her medical records as she's on esa
. I have photo proof of her behaviour voice recordings also . If we was to split would I get full custody and will I get full rights to the house as it's a break of trust as I paid for it all
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
apologies, please ignore this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children and why is your partner not able to care for them?How much is the house worth and how much s outstanding on the mortgage?What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my partner is on esa welfare benefit she had to appeal to keep her benefit and she has told doctors and psychiatrists that she is depressed and has a drink problem and suffers from social anxiety and that i have to care for the children and do everything . i have photos of her laying drunk around the house toilets covered in vomit and voice recordings that she was losing her head with our 19 month old baby saying she was going to kill her . the eldest 5 and half years old the house is valued at 100 grand which i paid for out of my own money . there is no outstanding mortgage on the property and i am not currently on full time employment cause of my partners condition she currently now claims for me but house was paid for out of my assets i saved up while i was working as a online retailer we moved from the south of ireland into northern ireland and bought a house . i put her name on the deeds to give her some security that home is equally hers how ever she is extremely hard to live with cause of her condition and she does not want to sort her self out and i feel enough is enough . she has not invested any of her own money into the property apart from 5 grand personal injury compo from a car accident i have paid for 95% of the total value of the house
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have Social Services been involved at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they have not been involved as of yet she can put on a all ok act .doctors did sent out health visitor for a while she sees a physiatrist nurse like once every 2 weeks and is on anti depressants that she doesn't take half the time
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the house worth?When was it purchased?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house was bought in 1st of may last year for 100 grand
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much would a cheaper two bedroom(three if you have a boy and a girl) in the same school area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
roughly about the region of 80-90k for a 3 bedroom the house that was bought in may last year is a 4 bedroom and 1 in same street was 3 bed was sold for around 85k detached this property is semi detached with a large garden as it is a end house. is my partner fully entiled to 50% share under the circumstances that she only paid 5% if we was to seperate