13262538

I have been granted a decree nisi in my divorce case, I am

Customer Question

I have been granted a decree nisi in my divorce case, I am the respondant. The petitioner did not apply for the decree absolute, so I waited the correct period and applied myself. I have court date for the hearing, do I need to attend court? There are no financial or child complications and petitioner is not objecting to the decree absolute as far as I am aware.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. It is not usual for there to be a hearing to grant decree absolute - has the court directed for you to attwnd in the notice? Is there an application for costs?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my bets to help you.As you are aware a hearing has been listed because you are the Respondent.You do need to attend the hearing - the application will not be granted if you do notPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to anything for the hearing or just be present? I have no representation
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Just attend, explain that there are no financial issues to resolve and that will be fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex does not want to attend and is not disputing it, is that OK?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is fineIt would be helpful if your ex would confirm that in writing - but not a problem if they wont