Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife and I are separating after four years of marriage.the

Customer Question

hi,my wife and I are separating after four years of marriage.the house we live in is mortgaged in her maiden name.do I have any legal entitlement?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Despite the property being in her sole name you have a right to live there arising oit of the marriage ans you can register this right on the title using form HR1 to the land registry. You will also be able to make a claim for a share of the property as part of a financial settlement alongside the divorce. If you wish to receive further information on this please confirm:-whether you have any children together, if so their ages and arrangements-what other assets and liabilities you both have-your respective income positions-how old you both are In the meantime please provide a positive rating if you found this helpful. I will not be credited for assisting you without a positive rating. Thank yoi
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.