Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I got divorced 7years ago the court order was to

I got divorced 7years ago the court order was for myself to sign over deeds and my ex husband to remortgage in his name. The mortgage company wouldn't let him so my name has stayed on deeds. In this time his business has expanded with my name on an asset. He is now selling the house and I have received the deeds to sign over. My question is do i just sign them?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Was the court order in relation to the transfer of deeds the final order to settle the finances? Why was the matter not returned to court to deal with the implementation of this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received 25 thousand as settlement I don't know why
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My exhusbands response is that the need wasn't there for either of us but obviously the need was his to keep the house.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - please confirm if the order you refer to is the final order and if the financial matter was finalised.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says clause 1 the respondent pay 25000 lump sum within 14 days decree absolute. Clause 2 once received petitioner shall transfer to respondent all her legal estate. Then clause 3 says upon compliance with clauses 1 and 2 the petioners and respondents claims do stand dismissed
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming. As it appears that this is a final order for a clean break you cannot apply to vary this as the court has no power to vary a property adjustment order once granted. Despite the long time it has taken to comply with the order, you would likely be expected to sign the deeds as ordered.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you