ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

My son is completing on the sale of his house (ex partner is

Customer Question

My son is completing on the sale of his house (ex partner is named on deeds) they have two children aged 4 and 6 She has not contributed to any of the household finances since he bought the house (from the sale of a house my son owned) . She has lived in the house with the children for the past two years while my son moved back home when their relationship ended. He continued to pay all bills and the mortgage. He has the children every other weekend and one day per week.
She has now demanded a 60/40 split of the proceeds of the house. Is she legally entitled to that.
Can you give me some advice please?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome to Just AnswerI am a Solicitor and will assist.Please may I ask:- do you know if they were joint tenants or tenants in common?
- was there a deed of trust?Kind regardsCaroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ex partner is named as joint owner of property. Property value of £430,000 funds to split £140,000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Caroline, could you please tell me when you will proved the answer. Can you confirm that the money i have paid includes a short answer to my question. If it will cost more then i would like a refund please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, please can you answer my question, ive given you the details of the house. Many thanks Jan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but it is rather urgent. Thank you
Hello Jan My sincere apologies for my delay in responding. I was just travelling home. I am available now and can help you. You only pay a deposit until you are satisfied with our response - at which point you then star rate the service. I really could do with knowing the answers to my last questions that being: - do you know if they were joint tenants or tenants in common?- was there a deed of trust? If you are not sure of the answer to the above - do you have a copy of the land registry title documents with you? if not let me know and I will tell you how you can download them for £3 and I can then talk you through it. Kind Regards Caroline