13262538

Can I take my child to live in the Republic of Ireland from

Customer Question

Can I take my child to live in the Republic of Ireland from Northern Ireland without my partners consent
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required:-Are you and the father living in England or Wales?-How old is the child?-Is the father named on the birth certificate or were you married at time of the child's birth?-What are the arrangements for the child to see the father?-What are the reasons for going to Northern Ireland?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am living in Northern Ireland. He is 2 1/2. I don't want to go to Northern Ireland I want to move from Northern Ireland to the Republic of Ireland where I am from originally. I have just split from my partner and have no family or friends in this area as we have just recently moved house before the split.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My partner is on the birth certificate
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Oh, I see - thanks for confirming. I will allow a colleague who specialises with that area of law to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did request Northern Ireland as the specified area for the question.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Are you both from Eire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was born in the Republic of Ireland and my partner was born in Northern Ireland. My son has dual citizenship and carries an Irish passport he was born in Northern Ireland.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that you need either the agreement of your partner or an Order from the Court if you wish to move back to the RepublicFailure to get one of these will result in you having to return the child to the North until the matter is reoslvedPlease ask if you need further detailsClare