ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I have split up with my girlfriend due to her having an affair

i have split up with my girlfriend due to her having an affair what rights do I have on her business
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please confirm that you are unmarried?Are you involved in the business in any official capacity (director, shareholder, creditor etc)?Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning TomWe were not married but we were engaged once , I have a child we her , we have been together for about 8 years , I have come away with nothing , she has taken over her family business which is worth about 6-10 million she is the major share
holder , I am not involved in the business , I did look after the children while she worked in the businessRegards,Eddie
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eddie, Sorry but if you have a child then I feel I should probably opt out because there are better experienced experts who will be able to assist you. Please be patient and someone will eventually assist. Apologies again.Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gavin is there anything further you would like to know?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello EddieI am a Solicitor and will assist you.Please may I ask:-- how old are your children?
- who is caring for your children?
- were are you living?Kind RegardsCaroline
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience: Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
HelloIt was nice to speak with you.As discussed - as you are not married - you do not have a direct claim in respect of the business. This also applies to the house as you have not paid the mortgage, deposit or renovated the house.Your avenue for a claim falls under Schedule 1 of the Children Act for provision for your daughter. Such a claim would consider the income, earning capacity, property and other financial resources of you and your ex. This therefore includes her business assets and properties.As discussed - first step for you is to refer to family mediation.Kind RegardsCaroline