13262538

Clara,I received a response from you before

Hello Clara,I received a response from you before Christmas, and have one more question.I obtained New Zealand citizenship and a New Zealand passport for my daughter- without her dad's signature (but sent a covering letter and evidence of communication to the embassy with the application).Now that my daughter is a New Zealand citizen with a New Zealand passport do I still need to go to court to get permission to leave the UK?My ex remains in Ghana with minimal contact and child support arrears.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionWell done with the passportLegally the position remains the same - if he does not give his Consent to the move then you need an Order from the Court.Failure to do this would mean that your ex could try and force the return of the child to the UKClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. I'm very grateful.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a possibility that I could take her anyway on the basis that he's not motivated when it comes to taking action to deal with issues, his child support arrears and credit card bills?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The only risk is that if he decides to make a fuss within the first six months he could win