Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My name is ***** ***** got to grand children that the ss are

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** got to grand children that the ss are getting them adopted next week i have got some forms of the inter net they are application for revocation ofa placement order section24 adoption and children act2002 i just want to no if its the right form to stop this hahheing
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWere you a party to the original proceedings?When was the Care order made?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes i was a party to the court proceedings the court order was done inmay 2015
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
Did you appeal the outcome?What has changed since then?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no coz they said i have not got the right to apeal as i am only a grandparent and they have not got any rights as a mertneal grand parent i brought them both up from birth
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the ss have found a new family for them i see them on monday and then i dont see them until they are 18 and then they can come and find me
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
What has changed since the order was made?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
both of the children are being adoped as from next week and my last day is on monday when i have to say good buy to them
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
Sorry - I mean what changes have there been on your side since the Order was made which could make the court change their minds about what should happen
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ive started doing parenting course ive done one the triple p course and ive got another one in may
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
How old are the children and why have you not done the courses before now?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the children are 5/6 coz i was not ask to as im not the mother of the children
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
Did Social Services assess you as a carer last May?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
WHy not?What was the reason for the care proceedings?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
drink drugs neglect vilance
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
Why were you not assessed as a carer - why were you a party if you were not a possible carer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
as i brought them up and they did not think i was not suitable to look after them as no has not told me
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is it possible if can ring me on house phoneon ***********
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
The site charges extra for a phone call - do you wish me to make an offer?For clarity - you were actually a party at the last hearing as you were seen as one of the causes of the problems is that correct?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no they were moved from the parents
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
But did the parents ask for them to be placed with you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the mother did shes always said she wanted me to have the children she told her barrester as well and mine to
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
OkYou were made a party to the proceedings and had a Barrister.What advise did your barrister give you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
he just said they just going in foster care
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
Did he tell you why you did not have the chidlren placed with you - do you still have the papers?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have not been told why i cant have them
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ive got some of it but not all of it
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
Did you read the Guardians report?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have not got it
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
What about the final order?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yeah got that it says the children are to go in to foster care
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
Dis anybody do an assessment on you at all
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
only a parenting assessment which i past
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
OkSo why exactly were the children not placed with you - this is crucial to whether or not the application can succeed
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
coz of the family liveabout half a mile away from me as he would cause me problames i said i would move from where i am but the courts said he will find me were ever i move to
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they did not think the children would be safe. the parternal family live half a mile from me.at the time my daughter had an on off relationship with him, and he was very domestically abusive and had an addiction to various substances.He was living at his parents home at the time.who had an inability to do anything constructive to help the situation.
Despite me saying that i would leave the home that i have lived in for fifteen years, i still was not considered as an appropriate carer for the children.This didnt seem good enough for the courts even.As understandably they were still concerned that the childrens father could find me.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
OkSo how has that changed since then
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my to grandchildren are going to be adopted next week andi want to stop it and would like them in my care
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
Yes but was has changed regarding where you live and where the paternal family lives
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
im still hear and there still there
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.
You cannot use the form your refer to as the chidlren have already been placed for adoption - see note 1 on the supporting details herehttp://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/a052-notes-eng.pdfYour daughter as a parent can oppose the making of the Order using Section 47(5) of the Adoption and Children Act 2002You can read some case law herehttp://www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed121570Your daughter would be opposing on the basis that you could provide a secure home for the children.The major problem that the pair of you will face is that nothing has changed over the last year in respect of the reasons why the court would not place the chidlren with you.You have not moved and neither have the Paternal FamilyYou can get some support form the Family Rights Groupwww.frg.org.ukPlease ask if you need further detailsClare