13262538

I have a court order which states among other financial orders

Customer Question

I have a court order which states among other financial orders that my ex husband pays child maintenance for the benefit of our 3 children until they reach the age of 18. Can Csa over ride this order which was made in 2013? Even though it states any claims for maintenance pending suit, periodical payments, secured periodical payments, lump sum and property adjustment orders do stand dismissed and neither one of us shall be entitled to make any further application in relation to the marriage under Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 and to pensions act 1995
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information to fully assist you:-Are you in England or Wales?-Was the settlement ordered by the court or does it say IT IS ORDERED BY CONSENT?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to to help you.I am afraid that the simple answer is yes it can.Either parent can make an applictaion to the CMS (CSA) for an assessment once the Order is more than 12 months old.The wording that you refer to is not relevant to this as it relates only to matters OTHER than Child MaintenancePlease ask if you need further detailsClare