michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
12609314

Can you please help me my son died three years ago , I have

Can you please help me my son died three years ago , I have been told there is a payment from his pension am I entitled to this payment as I was the one who took over anything to do with my sons affairs no one else helped me does this make me next of kin. My son has a son but was not married to his mother at an early age this finished and my son did not have much contact with him there was a doubt if he was his son, I did not stop him from seeing to his fathers affairs but there was no help given.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to ask again I am still waiting for a response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think I will get a response soon as I would like to no before I go out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting quite a while for a response I am waiting urgently
Expert:  michael holly replied 1 year ago.
You need to ask for the terms of the policy regarding who the money should be paid to.Some policies have a named beneficiary and if this one does then it would go to whoever is the named person in the Policy.If there is no named beneficiary in the policy it will fall into your son's estate and be dealt with either in accordance with the terms of his Will or under intestacy rules .Under the rules of intestacy his son would be entitled to the money as children rank higher than parents in the order of beneficiaries.Best regardsMichael