Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I had a child with a woman outside of marriage but the relationship

I had a child with a woman outside of marriage but the relationship ended. I have paid support money for 10 years agreed directly with her. the Child Support Agency were not involved. She has been living with another man now for 5 years and has a 4 year old child with him. Am I still legally bound to pay maintenance
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, you are still obligated and your child maintenance liability is not impacted by her cohabiting or having another child. It is your legal obligation to your child and this will chnage if your gross income change or if you have any children in your care.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you