Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can you pls answer my questions re Form E: 1. the

Customer Question

Can you pls answer my questions re Form E:
1. the deadline for filing Form E is April 20, but can i date the form as April 11 and declare my bank balance up to April 11?
2. the house is in my ex's sole name, but i have registered home right against it, should i still put value of my interest in the house as 0?
3. my bank statement is in Chinese, can i translate it myself?
Many thanks!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. In response to the points you have raised-Have you agreed a date for exchange of the Forms E with the other side? In any event, if the form is dated 11 April your bank statements should be until this date.2. If it is in your ex's sole name then you have no legal interest in the property and it will be the purpose of the proceedings to deal with what your share should be. It will be acceptable to leave the value as zero and explain why.3. I would not expect a court or your ex to accept you translating the bank statements - will the bank not be able to provide this? If not then an independent translator may need to be instructed.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.