Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can you pls answer my questions re Form E:1. the deadline

Customer Question

Can you pls answer my questions re Form E:1. the deadline for filing Form E is April 20, but can i date the form as April 11 and declare my bank balance up to April 11?
2. the house is in my ex's sole name, but i have registered home right against it, should i still put value of my interest in the house as 0?
3. my bank statement is in Chinese, can i translate it myself?Many thanks!
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. In response to the points you have raised-Have you agreed a date for exchange of the Forms E with the other side? In any event, if the form is dated 11 April your bank statements should be until this date.2. If it is in your ex's sole name then you have no legal interest in the property and it will be the purpose of the proceedings to deal with what your share should be. It will be acceptable to leave the value as zero and explain why.3. I would not expect a court or your ex to accept you translating the bank statements - will the bank not be able to provide this? If not then an independent translator may need to be instructed.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Harris,Thank you very much for your quick response.
Are you a UK family law solicitor as my question is for UK?
the deadline for filing Form E is April 20, we haven't agreed a date for exchange but I planned to send them the information by the 20th. 1. is it ok? 2.3.Can i date the form as April 11 and declare my bank balance up to April 11? Or do I need to date the form 20th and provide bank balance up to the 20th?
3. As I am travelling, I might not have time to find translator to do it in time. Can i pls translate myself and explain to the court that if they require, I can provide later? Would there be any fine resulted?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Harris,Sorry if you are not a UK family law solicitor, can you pls help make my question available to other expert as I need help urgently?Many thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.
Yes, I deal with law of England and Wales. You are supposed to exchange the Form E with the other side at the same time and you should agree a date for mutual exchange by 20 April. The Form E can be dated 11 April and bank statements provided to that date. You can provide your own translation for now, but it is likely that the other side will want a certified translation of it. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks a lot Harris. Do you mind also tell me what it measn in form g that be in a postion to proceed at first appointment with a FDR appointment?
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.
No worries Form G is to outline to the court whether all the information required is in place so that negotiations can start - so if you are satisfied that the respondent has provided all the relevant documentation and information and there is nothing outstanding, then you can state you can proceed with the Financial Dispute Resolution hearing, which is basically a private hearing to negotiate a settlement.