13262538

I have an elderly Aunt aged 92 and she is now in a Nursing

I have an elderly Aunt aged 92 and she is now in a Nursing Home. The Trust are dealing with her finances and now they are saying they might go through the Courts, My Mother is her Sister and she is 90 so I have been trying to get things sorted on her behalf. The Trust wont tell me anything is there anything I can do about this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDoes your Aunt still have mental capacity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has a learning disability and is to be assessed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would I be better to go and see a Solicitor in person
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can u reply please as I have to go now.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologiesSince it seems unlikely that your Aunt has the capacity to appoint you as her Power of Attorney he only way that you can be involved in dealing with her finances is if you apply to be her ControllorYou can read more about this at the bottom of the page herehttps://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=2296You may be able yo opt for the Short Procedure order depending on the financial position of your AuntPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks sorry for the delay in replying Laptop died on me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
No problem - I hope all goes well