13262538

How can i get access to my children?

how can i get access to my children?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat has the solicitor done so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi My solicitor has sent a letter asking for access to the children and visitation every Saturday, till I get somewhere stable to live (I've lost my home due to the break up and her csa claim means it's now difficult to get a new mortgage), and every other weekend after getting somewhere to live, like I did before I lost my home. My solicitor also asked her to reply and threatened court action if that didn't happen. It is the only letter they have sent, but I've only just hired a solicitor cos the relationship has degraded so much there is now zero communication between parties (including family). My problem is my solicitor is costing me £200 per hour plus vat and as I work for the council and am currently homeless now I am struggling to pay this amount
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Which part of the Uk are you in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cheshire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Northwich to be exact
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Rightso your solicitor should have told you that the law says that children are entitled to have a close relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.You both have Parental Responsibility for the children and the right to have the chidlren in your care (provided you can keep them safe which I am sure you are)Parents are expected to try and agree how the children you share time between them using Family Mediation if necessaryIf your ex continues to deny your children their right to a relationship with you then your starting point is to try and discuss matters with her using Family mediation (www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk) - it is compulsory for you to have attended a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting before any court applictaion is made.You can make your own appointment immediately if you wish.If mediation fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out what tome the children spend with youYour diabetes is not a problem assuming it is under controlI hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice and support. I will try that!
regards William