Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Iv been seperated 8 yrs but recently my husband died..he

iv been seperated for about 8 yrs but recently my husband died..he was living in the jointly mortgaged home..my name is ***** ***** mortgage what is my position?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If the property was held in joint names as a joint tenancy then you automatically obtain the whole title. However, if the property is held as tenants in common, then his share is distributed according to his will, or if there is no will then according to intestacy rules. Did you divorce your husband? Are you aware as to whether the property is held as joint tenants or tenants in common? If you have found this information helpful so far please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you