ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I'm going through a divorce on line , have a letter from my

Customer Question

i'm going through a divorce on line , have a letter from my husbands solicitors about financial settlement.they tell me to get a solicitor which I cant afford to pay for ,what can I do now.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome to Just AnswerI am a Solicitor and will assist you.Legal aid is only available for legal representation in this type of case.Please may I ask:- have you been the victim of physical, emotional or financial abuse by your husband in the last 2 years?Kind RegardsCaroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no abuse.just breakdown of marriage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is someone going to answer me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I need my money back now
HelloThank you for confirming that for me.You can still get legal aid through mediation if you qualify in respect of your means (income).I would suggest that you google family mediation in your area and give them a call do that they can assess you.In reality mediation has to be attempted before a case in respect of matrimonial finances can go to court.Family mediation will help you and your ex through the process of disclosure and discussions about division.Mediation are impartial and solicitors are not involved in the process.This saves on legal costs. You can then tell your husband solicitor that you have referred the case to mediation as you do not see why this should be duplicated and legal costs incurred unnecessarily.Otherwise there are firms that offer litigation funding - where you pay at the end of a case from your settlement.Kind RegardsCaroline