13262538

My ex partner is due to give birth and lives 120 miles away

Customer Question

Hi my ex partner is due to give birth and lives 120 miles away how can I find out if she has given birth as she not spoken to me for 6 weeks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be my visiting rights as well and can I have my name put on birth certificate ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that there is no action that you can take to force her to tell you when the child is born.You are reliant on Social Media, friends, and even a private investigator to discover when the child is born.Equally I am afraid that you cannot force your ex to allow you to attend the Registration so that your name is ***** ***** birth certificate - but youcan make an application to the court for an Order allowing you to add your name is ***** ***** law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents - and the courts will enforce this if necessary.At the beginning it will be a matter of little but often - so it will depend on how often you can get to wherever the baby is living - but an hour a couple of times a week to start with building up as the baby gets older is likely - as the baby grows then it can increase to eventually a whole day - and longerIf you have nowhere safe to take the child in the area then you may wish to consider using a Child Contact Centrewww.naccc.org.ukThe starting point is to try and discuss matters with the mother using Family Mediationwww.familymediationcouncil.org.ukto discuss and agree a Parenting PlansIf that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangements OrderI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for your answer would I have to apply to the court were my ex partner lives for child Arrangement order or can I do it at mine ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The Court nearest the child I am afraid