13262538

Where do I stand with paying maintenance to my ex

Hi where do I stand with paying maintenance to my ex husband? We split up just over a year ago and have an informal joint custody agreement in place. We have our daughter half a week each and currently just go halfs on anything and neither of us pay maintence. My ex is now threatening to take me to the CSA. he earns considerably less than me. Where do I stand with this? Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWho receives the Child Benefit and how many nights a week does the child spend with each of you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He does which I agreed when we split so he could could claim tax credits as I can't claim it due to earning too much, I don't get any of this money which is right because I am not entitled to it. We work on a 2 week basis so week 1 she stays at mine Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and his the rest of the time and week 2 mine Monday, Wednesday & Sunday, although recently she has also stayed with me on week 1 on a Sunday as well
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The fact that the child spends more nights a year with you rather than him means that he cannot claim maintenance from you - so do keep a careful diary.The fact that he receives the Child benefit means that the CMS (new CSA) would look at a claim from him - but if you show that the care is shared fully then the claim would failI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare