13262538

Claire as I mentioned previously my husband and I have an

Customer Question

Hi claire as I mentioned previously my husband and I have an informal joint custody arrangement in place for 50/50 shared custody. I want to take our daughter on holiday abroad from the 23rd of August until 3rd of September. My husband is refusing this due to me not agreeing to sign over the rights to our home which I no longer live in. This has nothing to do with the holiday he is just trying to bribe me into it. He also said I can't as its his birthday on the 2nd of September and he wants to see her (of course I understand this but it is my day to have her on this day and not his) I have promised he can speak to her on FaceTime etc but he continues to refuse and is not allowing me to take her out of the country. Is there anything I can do? He is punishing her because of our disagreements. She was born on 30th may 2005 and we were not married when she was born but we later married in August 2014, thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiRemind me - has he ever agreed to this trip?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but not in writing. He changes his mind so first I can take her but only for a week, then I can't at all and then I can but if I sign the tenancy on the house over to him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked through my texts and he has agreed a number of times but not to exact dates although I mentioned dates on prevous occasions. A couple of times he just says ok and a couple more times its on the condition I sign over the tenancy.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you already been to Mediation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You have two options.In fact to actually stop the holiday he would have to apply for a Prohibited Steps OrderYou can gamble that he will not actually take any active steps to prevent the holiday and just go ahead.Alternatively you can apply to the court for a Specific Issue Order allowing the holiday.You would need to attend Mediation first