Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

There, I am looking advice on how to complete a

Hi there, I am looking for some advice on how to complete a certificate referred to in article 39 of council regulation (EC) No. 2201/2003
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. What in the form do you need assistance with?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
in essence, Im ital***** *****ving in Dublin. The divorce was issued in the UK. My embassy in Dublin is asking me for this cert to register the divorce in italy as well. The court where the divorce was issued sent me the form to fill in http://www.conslondra.esteri.it/NR/rdonlyres/09BE9363-A036-4C86-8911-3C78A0187C4E/0/Art_39_UE_2201_27112003.pdf
Am i to fill in this myself or does the court fill it in (my impression is that I do).
also - Member state of origin, is that Italy?
Court or Authority issuing the certificate - is that the Embassy or the court?
Apologies but it's confusing and the embassy wasn't very helpful.
Barbara
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. You are to fill in the certificate and then submit it to court for sealing. Member State of Origin is the member state that made the order/divorce, so in your case it is UK.I hope this clarifies the issue. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harris,
so my question was also: Court or Authority issuing the certificate - is that the Embassy who is asking me for the cert or the court in the UK?
Is it ok for me to fill this form without a solicitor and finally, do I sign and date the second page or is that for the court to do?
Thanks,
Barbara
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can complete the form yourself without a solicitor. It is for the Court to issue the certificate and stamp it, and for you to provide it to the Embassy. It is also for the court to sign and date the second page.I hope that clarifies matters.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
I note that you provided a negative rating previously - if you are happy with the further advice I would appreciate that it be changed to a positive rating.Thank you