Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a 14year old daughter and my ex partner was paying maintenance

I have a 14year old daughter and my ex partner was paying maintenance payments of £200 a month and then he dropped it to £100 and now suddenly stopped payments. Please can you advice how I can move this situation forward. It wasn't in writing but he didn't pay anything to her for 4 years and then in the last 10 years.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Were the payments being made further to a child maintenance decision, or was it an agreement directly between you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An agreement we made between ourselves
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. As the agreement was reached directly between you it will not be enforceable. In the circumstances as he has stopped payments I would suggest that you contact the Child Maintenance Service (0800 0835 130) and inform them that you wish to submit an application. They will take all the relevant details and contact the father and carry out an assessment of his legal liability. This is based on his gross income and the amount of nights per week (on average) that your daughter stays with him, and if he has any other children in his care - if you have these details to provide please let me know and I will inform you of the legal amount he is required to pay.In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you