Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex is trying to avoid csa payments. hes currently not

hi...my ex is trying to avoid csa payments. hes currently not working and saying he cant sign on jobseekers as he doesn't have ID. Then saying csa cant force him to pay anyway and that he will buy things weekly for my two girls. is this possible? help please
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Has a Child Maintenance Service application been submitted and processed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes few months back
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Unfortunately, if his circumstances have changed and he has no income or benefits, then his liability will be 0. You will not be able to force him to work, or claim benefits and this puts you in a difficult position.Are you or were you married to him? Does he have assets that you are aware of?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not married. no he doesn't. is he able to get out of csa if he says he will buy things for the two kids every week? and what if he doesn't stick to his word like he has done befre
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
CSA would be his legal liability but if he has no income then his liability would be 0 which would make you wonder where he is funding buying things for them? If you agree to him buying things for them instead of CSA payments then there is no way to enforce that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would it be sensible for me to stick with csa until he works or goes on jobseekers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because he is threatening to not give anything and says he cant be forced to pay
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest that as the CSA liability will be 0 for now, you should take him up on his offer to buy things every two weeks. Also, depending on how many children there are and how often they stay over night with him, his liability if he is on JSA will be in the region of £0-10 per week.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks