13262538

Is the name of the relative who registers a death important

is the name of the relative who registers a death important , will he act as a next of kin after this and what is the importance of this
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youIn fact the name is ***** ***** - it brings no extra rights or responsibilities a all."Next of Kin" has no legal meaning beyond closest blood relative(s) in these circumstancesPlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am puzzled. My late mother had my name as next of kin in the hospital. Due to uncertainty of death from the doctor's part we have to wait for the coroner to provide us with a med. rep. to then take to the registrar for the DC. My sister (same mother only ) is keen on registering her name as she said only one name of close relative is recorded. I am not comfortable with this especially since there are issues and she is already excluding me from information. There is no will and as far as I know the estate is only a small bank account to cover basics. I am the eldest of 2 daughters so all my records have my mum's previous marriage name. Should I insist on registering my name and isn't the hospital obliged to provide me as the next of kin with the med rep. and ref. nr ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry for yout lossYour being named as next of Kin by your mother ended when she diedBoth you and your sister have equal rights now that she has goneYou can in fact Register the death jointly