13262538

I used my friend to act as my solicitor in my divorce case

Customer Question

I used my friend to act as my solicitor in my divorce case but didn't find him to be very good, i then changed solicitors. My ex wife has now changed her solicitors to use my friend/old solicitor...surely this isn't allowed due to conflict of interest. Please confirm law surrounding this.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThis is a matter of professional ethics and no the solicitor cannot now act for your wife.You can read more herehttp://www.lawsociety.org.uk/support-services/advice/practice-notes/conflict-of-interests/Please ask if you need further detailsClare