Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

A baby of 10 months was left with me by by her mam. her who

Customer Question

A baby of 10 months was left with me by by her mam. her who had seperated with my brother after he found that she was cheating on him with his younger brother. when i contacted my brother he requested me to look after the baby.which i did. however when i tried to regester the baby with the GP, they required a birth certificate which
i did not have. i was told to contact social services, which i did. social services come to my house that night and picked up the baby. i was told that the baby was being taken into care. SSSC contacted her dad and started the process of settling her with him. but the paternity DNA come back negative so every thing stood to a stand still.this baby has been away for 4 weeks now i am worried about her emotional stability and her future settlement .i am this baby`s auntie and iwould like to live with this child as i was ling with her before. How do i go about it
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I am very sorry to hear about the current circumstances. Please may I ask: - how long did the baby live with you?- where is the baby living now? in foster care?- If your brother is not the father - did you know who is? is this person a relative of yours?- why did social services take the baby immediately? did they express any concerns about your ability to care?- are you currently having any contact with the baby? Kind Regards Caroline