Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

As married person but separated with the husband, are

As married person but separated with the husband, are there any payment he should give?
Expecting applying the child maintenance. What are my right I should know
Nadine
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Have you divorced and was there a court approved financial settlement?-How long were you married and when did you separate?-How many children, their ages and how often they are with the father?-Whether either of you have any assets, properties, savings or pensions?-What your respective income positions are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No divorce,
I did not done any Court approved financial settlement
We were married for almost 9 years and got separated in a years
Children are three...7, 5, and baby 8 months
They are not with him all the time ...few time...I have the kids all the timeNo propriety.....No income, expect child tax credit and child benefit.....at the moment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is working, left the house and did not pay the rent since two month....I cannot get income support because he is Cameroonian nationality...I am German
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.Firstly, you would be entitled to pursue a child maintenance claim which can be done directly with the Child Maintenance Service. The amount he pays is based on his gross salary and how often the children stay with him overnight each week. If you have these details, please let me know and I can confirm.In relation to other payments, once the divorce has been issued you can pursue an application to court for financial relief and make a claim for spousal maintenance. These will be payments to you by your husband to meet your reasonable needs. Pursuing this is not a straightforward matter and I would highly recommend that you have a solicitor in your local area deal with this. You may be eligible for legal aid to pursue this if there is evidence of domestic abuse from him towards you.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I did not do anything with court .....we re still married but not a separation document, I mean a legal document that prove our separation although we re really separated better to say spli off......there is no separation maintenance???I don't want my kids to spent night where he is because, the girl friend has a bad attitude et there is more than that.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. You have a right to make a claim for spousal maintenance but you need to go to court if he does not agree to this voluntarily. There is no "legal" document that proves you are separated, but if you pursue a divorce then this can be used to show that you have separated.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid 26 pound, there is not time limit to get all my questions? For how long I have to ask my other question. For how long was this 26 0pounds? A week?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Technically the one payment is supposed to be for one question, but I have continued to assist you beyond that. If you found my information helpful please would you kindly rate it positively.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.