13262538

My brother came to the uk by spouse visa 14 years ago, he is

Customer Question

My brother came to the uk by spouse visa 14 years ago, he is now on indefinate stay and has a british passport which makes him a citizen of the uk.
However unfortunately his marriage did not work out and now they are islamically divrorced which is a khula given by the wife which was 4 years back they are now going through a divorce in england.
She is now married and my brother would like to settle down however he has met someone from abroad and is worried as he has has islamic divorce by the wife, will it affect his case when he applies for spouse visa for his partner. And what kind of divorce papers will he need, will he require islamic divorce papers and england divorce papers?
Please let me know
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhere does his ex live now?How far has the Uk divorce reached?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His ex lives in the luton england
We are just waiting for their house to be sold then the divorce should hopefully go through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do youthink he will have any problems calling his partner even though he is divorced
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
has his ex brought he new spouse over?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has married someone from the uk, snd my brother he would like to call his partner from abroad
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Where did the Islamic divorce take place?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Luton
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In that case he cannot bring his new spouse over as he is not divorced so far as the Immigration Agency is concerned.He will not be able to apply for a Spouse Visa for her until he has a Decree Absolute for divorce from a Uk Court.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details