Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have residence order and my husband can have up to 3

Customer Question

I have residence order and my husband can have up to 3 nights contact a week as agreed in Court. I have been offered a job in the Channel Islands (live in England now and so does ex). He has agreed to the move because he thinks it is good for the children. However at every dispute we have he takes it back. Can he stop me moving with it being in the UK?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required:-How old are the children?-Where in the UK is he?-Were you married at the time of their birth, or is he named on the birth certificate as the father?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7&10. Yes, he has PR on one. He is near me in the North.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Given that he has PR and there is a child arrangement order in place, you cannot leave without his explicit consent or a court making a specific issue order for the move. The move will impact the current order and he can apply to enforce it.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.