Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Thank you so far To be clear though- this isn't an order,

Thank you so far
To be clear though- this isn't an order, this is the certificate of entitlement produced by the court, for the final decree nisi pronouncement in 3 weeks time.
A) would a letter get through to be cleared by District Judge in time? If so the lawyer I've been using can do this- the court staff have already got stuff wrong on the phone to us with this whole affair
B) the call my lawyer made to the court staff resulted in them saying they "couldn't" change the pronouncement. But it's wrong- not in line with the consent order the judge had signed off which stated the husband agreed for pronouncement of Decree Nisi on my petition as long as I asked for no money from him. So I imagine the court staff don't want to lose face / are being lazy, but we only have 3 weeks to turn this around.
What will make this happen in the fastest way, do you advise?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If there is an error on the certificate of entitlement, or any subsequent orders, or the Decree Nisi, the court will amend them and provide the new documents to you. The courts do make mistakes sometimes and a simple letter or email to the court staff outlining the mistake, together with clear reference to when the Decree Nisi is to be pronounced, is all that is required for them to deal with this issue. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you