Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am so worried about my daughter she was living with this

I am so worried about my daughter she was living with this man he attacked her in front of his parents, his father fell over and broke his leg trying to get him of my daughter. I thought he was sent back to prison because of this, but I now find out he broke his bail conditions. His previous girlfriend was on anti depressants and ended up committing suicide. I don't know what it was all about, but things I am hearing is making me feel sick. I am now told my daughter is on anti depressants and when he comes out of prison he will bee living with her and my two grand children. I don't know what to do.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are they married?-How old are thr children?-When is he being released?-Do they live in their own home, if ao is it rented or owned and in whose name?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No they are not married The children are not his and they are 9 and 6 He will be released at the beginning of May but I don't know the date My daughter lives in a Council House in her name (I think it is still in her name)
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.
Does she consider herself separated from him now?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. She didn't even tell the police that he had attacked her. Her friend thinks it is because he is so manipulative I think she is frightened, but I don't know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry I am an Old Age Pensioner. My daughter is 28 I am not used to this sort of living. If you need any names or any thing else please let me know.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.
Thank you - it is obviously a decision for her to make to protect herself and the children, but if the tenancy is in her sole name and as they are not married, he has no legal right to return to the property. It will be for her to separate from him and refuse to allow him back into the property. If her were to attempt to force himself into the property then he can be arrested.Given the potential risk that this may pose to her, she can apply to court for a non-molestation order (injunction) preventing him contacting her or coming within a certain distance of the property - given that he is due to be released in May she can do this urgently and in person to the court under court form FL401 together with a statement explaining the past incidents and risks towards her and if the court agrees that the order should be made it must be served on him in prison so that he is aware when he is released.Again, this is something for her to think about and taken the appropriate action.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When he was out of prison he had someone he had to report to. The grandchildren have a social worker, but I think she will let him back there, so I don't see that I can do anything. His parents are taking her to see him in prison.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.
Thanks - he may likely have a probation officer when he is released, but this does not protect him.The children's social worker will raise any concerns they have with her - so if there are any further risks they will discuss options with her and if they feel that the children remain at risk and she does nothing about it, then they may pursue their own application to court in order to protect the children
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I find out who the probation officer or the social workers are, because I don't think she will say anything about him.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.
I don't think you can find out who his probation worker is, but if you can contact the local authority where they are living and speak to Children's Services to find out their allocated social worker to discuss your concerns.
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think I will have to do this. I cant see anything else I can do. I cant see how his parents could watch this happen and not say anything She had a black eye scratch marks down her neck handfuls of hair pulled out and he tried to bite her check I cannot sit back and let this happen. Thank you so much for your help.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** goes well - if you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris