Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have 2 children age 17 months old and 7 months old from a

I have 2 children age 17 months old and 7 months old from a married man he has 3 children one of his own which on of them is over 18 year of age, I didn't know he was married till I had my second child, he is a successful company director, he is a millionaire on paper which he keep saying. I just want know what my rights are regarding the kids financially?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Are you in a relationship with him or have you separated?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We just separated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is *****
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming. I cannot take a phone call at the moment.However, given you have separated, the father will have to provide for the children if he is not the resident parent. Initially, this will be a child maintenance application to the Child Maintenance Service, who will provide a legal liability calculation based on his gross income, the other children in his care and how often your children stay with him overnight. If his gross income is over £156,000 then you may be able to apply to court for a "top-up" child maintenance payment. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what percentage would it be of his gross income? e.g. 10%, 20% or?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
If you are able to confirm what his gross salary is, and how often on average the children will stay overnight with him I can give you the calculation as it is not as straightforward as a simple percentage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the kids not staying with him as he's living back with his wife, the house is hers on her name and she made it clear that she doesn't want the kids at her house only thing he will come see them at my house for a day and go. His income gross is quarter of a million.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Under a child maintenance application to the CMS he would be legally liable for £342 per week (or £1482 per calendar month). However, as his income is £250,000 per year, you would be able to apply to court for a "top-up" to this payment and for the court to assess what he should pay in addition to the statutory amount.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you