13262538

My god father is in the midst of selling his house, he has

Customer Question

My god father is in the midst of selling his house, he has moved in with me, two weeks ago he had another Stroke and appears now to have dementia, I am his sole beneficiary, next of kin and power of attorney, when he was ok he wanted us to buy our flat with the proceeds of his house, now he may have to go into care, can we still do this
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that you will not be able to go ahead with the purchase.As someone holding a Power of Attorney you can only use the funds to the advantage of your Godfather and I am afraid that you will not be able to justify using the money in this way.I am sorry not to give you better news, please ask if you need further detailsClare