13262538

Im Latv***** *****ve at the moment in uk. i have 10 years old

Hi, im Latv***** *****ve at the moment in uk. i have 10 years old son, who born in Latvia, but his father is black british. Me and my son live in Latvia for 6 years since he born...but father in uk...we never was married. we was contacting time to time over pfone. From 6 years my son went to school in uk...that how we desided whit his father...he was seeing him ones a month. but still they couldnt make very good contact.hi make british passport to my son so he have Latvian and British passport. My son always when we visiting his grandparents in Latvia wanted to stay in Latvia not in uk...hi couldt adapt well in uk. When last year my son wanted to stay in Latvia..i inform his father...but he said he will go to court that i took his son out of country whit out his permission..Now the same my son doesnt want to live in uk.I want to know my legal rights.Many Thanks.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.For clarity - you are currently living in the Uk but wish to move back to Latvia with your son.What contact does he have with his father?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, they seeing each other mainly ones a month for few hours..move or bowling...i getting 200 pounds a month childs money...thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats corect live in uk..but we would like to move back to Latvia..Many thanks, daiga
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son doesnt want to live whith his father....and feeling agry becouse off him cant go to live in Latvia...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know can his father can stop us...making some legal action...? Many thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that you will need either the agreement of the father or an Order from the Court allowing you to take the child back to Latvia.You need to arrange to discuss matters with you using Family Mediationwww.familymediationhelpline.co.ukIf that fails then you can apply for permission to move the child back to Latvia.You have a reasonable chance of success given that it is what your son wantsYou can read more herehttp://www.leavetoremove.info/leave-to-remove-faqsI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details