13262538

My niece is 21 when my sister had her she gave her OUR family

My niece is 21 when my sister had her she gave her OUR family name, even though her mums name had changed by marriage. The father of my niece was & is alive.
Also my niece did the same whe she had a son who is now 19, again the father is alive
So my niece & great nephew both carry MY dads surname without getting his permission. Is this legal?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your question.My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYes this is entirely legal - no permission is need to give a child the surname of someone else at all - and it is the prerogative of the person who Registers the birth to chose.Please ask if you need further details