ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

How long does it take from acknowledgement of service to decree

Customer Question

How long does it take from acknowledgement of service to decree absolute for a divorce
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Please may I ask: - has the court confirmed that an acknowledgement of service form has been received? and does the completed acknowledgment of service form confirm that the divorce is not contested? - are there any matrimonial finances that need to be dealt with? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Court has received acknowledgement of service. Divorce not being contested
Finances being dealt with now
Hello Thank you for your response. Is it your petition? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm the applicant he is the respondent
Hello Thank you for confirming that for me. As you are the applicant you can now apply for decree nisi. Once you have sent this to the court - the court will usually within a few days send you a decree nisi pronouncement date in the post. This is usually listed to be pronounced a few weeks later. Once the decree nisi has taken place - you can then after six weeks and 1 day apply for decree absolute. When you send your application for decree absolute to the court - this will normally only take a couple of days to be processed and you will receive your decree absolute in the post. so all in all - about 2 and half to 3 months. It is advisable not to apply for decree absolute until the matrimonial finances have been resolved - so this can hold the divorce up if the finances aren't resolved quickly. Let me know if I can help you further. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today