Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I suspect that my husband has had an affair and that the other

I suspect that my husband has had an affair and that the other woman has had his child. Is there any way I can demand a DNA test?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As you are not a parent or putative parent of the child you will not be able to get a DNA test done to determine if he is the father.This is something that only the mother or thr putative father are able to pursue, either by agreement or a court order.I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you