Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can my separated wife take my children out of country without

Can my separated wife take my children out of country without permission
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If you were married when the children were born or if you are named on the birth certificate as the father and they were born after December 2003 then you have parental responsibility and you must be consulted if she wishes to leave the country with the children either on holiday or permanently. If she has a residence order in place this allows her to leave for up to 4 weeks without your permission. Your consent can only be withheld if you have reasonable cause to refuse the travel.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you