13262538

I have an MPS hearing in a couple of days. I work full time

I have an MPS hearing in a couple of days. I work full time 60 hours a week. My ex does not. She insists that she does not have to work because she has children.She currently has all mornings free, and every other weekend. I have volunteered to watch the kids every weekend and morning s so she can seek employment.Is there any court rulings, or past cases that indicate someone needs to be financially independent.. or seeking financial independence? She surely cannot just live off me for the rest of her life because we have kids.What can i say to the judge, or is there any past rulings, legislations that I can use?thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required:-How old are the children and are they in school/nursery?-Has she ever worked?-What qualifications does she have?-Is she receiving any benefits or is she entitled to any?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youFor an MPS hearing the issue of her seeking employment is NOT a major issue - it is a matter for the First Appointment and eventually if appropriate the Final Hearing.The MPS hearing is about "holding the status quo" until the final arrangements are made.In the longer term however you are correct your ex will have to look at employment opportunities - or training for future employmentIn general terms once children are over 7 the caring parent is expected to look to maintaining him or herselfRecent case law is herehttp://www.familylaw.co.uk/news_and_comment/wright-v-wright-2015-ewca-civ-201#.Vyn5exUrJt8Please ask if you need details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Children are 6 and 2. 6 year old in full-time school.. 2 year old in morning sessions nursery 2 days a week (she want to extend this to 5 Days.). I watch the little one two mornings a week as well. 4 mornings a week she has free.She has worked before but stopped late 2012.She receives all benefits under the sun.. She wants to give up all benefits and have me pay her the money. She does not like the stigma of getting benefits.No real qualifications.